For the time being, Perak politics never cease to amaze me...Perak speaker V. Sivakumar called for an emergency state assembly meeting this coming 3rd March 2009.
Whether the state assembly sitting can proceed as schedule is yet to be seen. So, let's see the probable scenario. Here goes...
1. The state assembly sitting proceeds as scheduled, MB Nizar gets his vote of confidence;
2. All ex-officio EXCO (State Secretary, Legal Adviser, State Financial Officer) did not attend the sitting, MB Nizar gets his vote of confidence;
3. State Secretary instructed the door to the State Assembly locked, Speaker conduct the sitting at different venue, MB Nizar gets his vote of confidence;
4. MB Zambry and his EXCO attempts to attend the assembly but is escorted out by the Sergeant of Arms, MB Nizar gets his vote of confidence;
5. MB Zambry seeks court order to block the assembly sitting, court decision can go either way;
6. BN seeks court order to block the assembly, citing that speaker decision to call for emergency assembly sitting is unconstitutional, court decision can go either way;
7. HRH Perak ruler replied and agreed to Speaker's request for emergency assembly sitting; MB Nizar gets his vote of confidence;
8. HRH Perak ruler replied and disagreed to speaker's request for emergency sitting, assembly did not convene;
9. MB Zambry seeks court order to declare speaker's decision to suspend him and his EXCO is unconstitutional, assembly did not convene;
10. Rowdy illegal assembly forcing the assembly to be postphoned;
11. Rowdy illegal assembly, forcing the state to be declared under MAGERAN, state wide assembly to be called at later date;
12. Speaker failed to chair the assembly, assembly did not convene;
13. Speaker overturn his suspension on MB Zambry and his EXCO, MB Nizar failed to get his vote of confidence;
14. Speaker arrested on orders by Federal government, assembly did not convene;
15. None of the above...:)
Of course, there might be other possible scenarios which may escape the lists above. And some might be too "sensitive" to be openly discussed in this open domain...
If this is not enough, Perak PAC (Public Accounts Committee) summons both MB Nizar and MB Zambry on 5th March in their effort to determine who and whose EXCOs' should be paid the MB's salary and EXCOs' perks.
Can we safely assume that the legal experts out there are also brainstorming on the possible scenarios? We don't need QCs' to speculate, do we?
One word of advice. Walls have ears...and by today's standards, walls can read and write too...
And that, my friends, make 3rd March 2009, worth waiting...for now. Breaking off for Saturday night out.
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...