Thursday, February 26, 2009

In Selangor : Khalid I vs Khir T

I'm not perfect, I'm not an angel, but I try to live a certain way because it brings honour and respect. I tell people that when they look at me, they're looking at nothing but a big, overgrown, tough mama's boy. That's who I am. Mr T of the A team (TV series)

GE is almost 1 year ago but in the state of Selangor, both heavyweights are still going for each other's throat, literally speaking. No, it's not Mr T of the "A team" here but just plain Khir T full stop. Being one of the richest state in Malayia, Khir T sounded and acted like a sore loser, haunting Khalid's every move and lodging reports after reports to either the police or the MACC. Not that it is not OK but isn't it a waste of time and energy? Selangor needs to progress and readily armed to face the economic slowdown when the Human resource ministry has indicated that more than 50,000 workers are expected to be retrenched or layoff by the end of the year.

Before we go further on their toe to toe match, Wisma Putra has issued a statement denying that a malaysian diplomat's wife was involved in an accident in Johannesburg, South Africa. In fact, Wisma Putra confirmed that no Malaysian diplomat is married to one Reema Abraham. However, the 3 SA newspapers and the Johannesburg metropolitan police stood by their story. So, go figure which version do u want to accept. Or is Reema a domestic partner to one of Malaysian diplomats in SA?

Back to the main event, at one point of time, Khir T was happy when the newly minted MACC issue a statement implying that Khalid I misused his position. The statement came within few days after Khir T called for Eli to resign her Executive post supposedly on moral grounds. That, in a nutshell are 2 consecutive jabs to Khalid I.

Khalid I countered by first suing Khir T, followed by suspending 2 top PNSB officials on irregularities during Khir T's tenure as MB. Afterwhich, HRH Selangor ruler was said to be upset and unhappy over the invasion of Eli's privacy.

That said, maybe both Khalid I and Khir T needs to go for table talk and discuss their differences. It is acceptable if both were to lock horns during the state assembly sittings but to spill over into the daily lives is unbecoming. Khir T may be dreaming of doing a "Perak" to Khalid I but Khalid I may also be plotting to turn on more heat for Khir T. In the end "Menang jadi arang, kalah jadi abu" and the final winner might be "satay".

It is high time for Khir T to concentrate on his effort to be the UMNO youth leader and let Khalid I do his job as the legitimate MB of Selangor.

Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...

No comments: