I believe PAS will come out stronger after 28th October 2009...and beyond that UMNO will know that their Queen bee is bringing them down...the only thing is UMNO refuse to rid the Queen bee who is reigning supreme in Putrajaya...by the way, is she a queen bee or the black widow?
- The morning after the shocking results that trembled BN on 8th March 2008, I chanced on a strong BN supporter who looked as if the whole weight of the world is on his back. After the usual pleasantries, I asked him how he felt and he poured his heart out lambasting that the Malays had deserted UMNO/BN and he felt that DAP will be running the show from then on.
- My answer to him is short and simple "It is not that the Malays (or for that matter the Rakyat) abandoned UMNO/BN but it is UMNO/BN who has shunned the Malays (and the rakyats) by failing o hear the cries for justice, equality and transperancy".
- In that consoling moments, it has also been told to him that as long as PAS stands by its principle of universal justice and embracing Islam as their "way of life", then UMNO, DAP, PKR should not have any worries, Malaysia should be in safe and steady hands...
- PAS, as a party is not borne in palatial house nor is it considered as the "golden son" of the palaces. PAS is borne out of the inspiration of Muslims in Malaysia to see Malaysia ruled under the guidance of Islam (as it is also the official religion of Malaysia).
- And Islam, as a religion is no different from other religions in that they stressed their followers to be morally good and spiritually healthy. Then, there are of course those who discard religions and calls for humanity, equality but their humanity and equality is measured in humanistic values which may be different and out-of-synch from religous point of view.
- Back to PAS, although 8th March 2008 marked the first time BN failed to control 2/3 of the parliament, it is a party with the least number of parliamentary seats in the loose PR coalition. Even back then, I am not a believer of PR but more of Barisan Rakyat supporter. Alas...PKR/DAP/PAS chose PR over BR...
- After 8th March 2008, PAS came under the limelight when their leaders ar being wooed and charmed by BN with promises of "power sharing" to the extent that BN is willing to let PAS became MBs in Selangor, Perak. Even the "yellow bloods" were hesistant to recognise this new political powers of PR thus the delays in MB swearing-in ceremony in Selangor and Perak.
- All in a sudden, PAS became the bride of the year. PKR/DAP wants PAS to remain in PR whilst UMNO/BN tried their best to thaw PAS away from PR. PAS, through to the idealogy, stick to PR and they say that the rest is history. Not for long...though.
- In the 50 years of Malaysia, UMNO became the backbone of the government of the day with their tentacles gripping all...and UMNO use all their hidden powers to apply pressure to the new-born PR and PR-governed states. Apart from that, UMNO is also using their rare resources in prompting their "sleepers" in PAS to raise mischeavous issues amongst PR.
- Why do I call them "sleepers"? For UMNO, PAS is their sworn enemies. To UMNO, anything except PAS is OK. The sleepers are planted because UMNO understand that the day will come when the rakyats will rise against them. In preparation of that, UMNO also realised that for the Malays and the Muslims, the alternative is PAS and if UMNO can contain PAS's influence, then UMNO will retain their grip on Malaysia.
- PAS, in their continual evolution to become a better and acceptable party to all Malaysians accepted professionals in their ranks. Although the professionals are "naive" in the fiqh, their commitment towards Islam and PAS idealogy is beyond question. With the combination of tech-savvy professionals with theologist, PAS manage to draw Muslim and non-Muslim supports from both the rural and urban areas. Something that UMNO failed to do....
- However, due to the fact that Malaysian government scholars comes from different background, there are those who are "torn between two lovers". Their hearts are with PAS but their logical minds leaned towards UMNO. March 8 phenomenom scared these group who bought the idea of PR going to be DAP-ised and thus changes in the basic tenets of the constitution may occur ie will PR declare Islam as the official religion of Malaysia? Will Bumis lost their soecial priviledges? etc...
- Slowly, these sleepers subconciously take stands against the agreed principle of a just and fair society of PR. And these issues is inteliggently used bu UMNO to create a wedge between PKR/DAP and PAS. Not only that, UMNO/PR used all the media instruments available to hype these differences and create discord amongst the top leaders of PAS.
- Fortunately, old and wise Nik Aziz see through the trap laid by UMNO. Using his creative ways, Nik Aziz issued statements proposing for PAS EGM. And UMNO/BN is quick to jump to Nik Aziz's bait.
- What happens on 28th October 2009 will be another milestone for PAS. If PAS agree to stick to PR, then UMNO will have tough days ahead. It is time for PAS leaders to consolidate their strength, their expertise to blend both the professionals and the theologicians.
- What UMNO failed to see is the mutual respect both thses groups have towards each other in PAS. Even PR coalition partners failed to see this. For non-PAS members and supporters, they see the picture painted by UMNO/BN which is the erdogan versus the old school. A simple question should lay this issue to rest - Is there any such thing as Erdogan PAS? The answer is no...there is no such thing. Only UMNO wanted to paint PAS professionals as erdogans so that they can link Kamal Attarturk to PAS. Don't UMNO realise that PAS hated Kalamal Attarturk? And the only person this scribe knows of going overboard in praising Kamal Attarturk is Mahathir Mohamed.....
- PAS see the evil of Kamal Attarturk surpasses his good deeds...
- I believe PAS will come out stronger after 28th October 2009...and beyond that UMNO will know that their Queen bee is bringing them down...the only thing is UMNO refuse to rid the Queen bee who is reigning supreme in Putrajaya...by the way, is she a queen bee or the black widow?
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are... Read More