And in the naked light I saw- Simon & Garfunkel
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Silence is Golden Is it true? When 1MPM6 decided to go on silent mode, Hong Kong opens probe in Credit Suisse branch. That comes days after WSJ revealed 1MDB USD 1.4B payment to IPIC is not in the latter's consolidated account. Pandikar was quick to dismiss the leak comes from Parliamentary staff.
Putrajaya is expressly quick in denying Najib's possible account in Credit Suisse. Further, it blames politically motivated report.
If the former was money related, what about social relationship? Al Jazeera's report regarding Altantunya's relationship. If there is no truth, why the need to deport Al Jazeera's journalist who was doing her job for the documentary?
Don't forget about Malaysia's own submarine issue when SUARAM brought up to the French authorities.
Be it today, a few days ago, few years ago, it seems that the baggage is getting heavier by the day. Like it or not, world news wil be swooping into Malaysia to cover 1MPM6. Innocent or guilty? It doesn't matter if he the sitting PM or not, Najib has to go all out to prove his innocense especially when the world is watching Malaysia's every steps.
Consider these :-
1. Hong Kong police is investigating the allegation that RM 2.6B was in Najib's personal account in Hong Kong;
2. Bank deposit of more that USD 250M made in Credit Suisse branch there;
3. Najib was a signatory of companies owned by J Low's family;
4. Switzeland and Singapore has separately and independently opened investigation on 1MDB where Najis is one of it's adviser;
5. Pandikar denied that Parliamentary staff leaked PAC's information on 1MDB;
6. RM 146M service charge to Perimekar for purchase of scorpene submarines with web of illicit transactions involving Malaysian companies setup in Hong Kong;
7. Who is involved in Altantunya's murder?
Najib is Malaysia's Prime Minister. The expectation is - not only must he be cleaned (innocent) but he must also be seen clean (innocent). Following Tun Abdullah's elegant silent is no longer acceptable. In fact, there is no more room of 6 months for Najib to clear up 1MDB's mess.
Najib has to face the world and not let his officers to do the denials. Maybe Najib do not know Altantunya. Maybe he knows her as Aminah. Najib has no more option but to answer and squash all doubts about him.
Forget about the red shirts. That is Zahid Hamidi's territory. Najib should not allow his emotions to take charge. Greed is not an option. The longer he waits, the less options available for his "retirement scheme".
Me? strumming my guitar , whispering...
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...