Somehow or rather, there is a trend emerging based on what transpired these past weeks. On its own, it carries less minimal weight but combined, it may be able to pinned Anwar down.
This time around, I am not going to list down the details but consider these few as appetisers :-
- Why Anwar's "free subscription VCDs'" are given free especially in Bangi?;
- Why did MPs' leaving PKR? Look at their timing, it is too clockwork precision...;
- Why did the police move in to stop PR's ceramah in Kg Baru?;
- Federal court ruling that Anwar's 1998 dismissal is lawful;
- KJ's ribbing on why Anwar is still the opposition leader in parliament;
Oncoming problems? Yes, I will say that since BN is tabling the second reading of GST bill amid the existing problems faced by BN in the coming weeks such as :-
- GST bill 2009 will get its second reading in March 2010 (the parliament will sit from 15th march 2010 - 15th April 2010, with the 2nd reading expected to take place from 5th April 2010 onwards);
- 1MPM6's reaction on local government polls. Is he jumping the gun? Must it be good, if and only if it is proposed by BN?;
- MCA's party election on 28th March 2010. Will all participating parties recognise the results or will there be further split in MCA, the second largest BN component party?;
- PPP's "who will be recognise as the President" shall be heard in High court and decision handed down soon;
- Will there be cabinet re-shuffling with MCA's, PPP's infighting? Will the reshuffling affects those from MIC and Gerakan too? Will it happen after the coming parliament session?;
- Perak state assembly will convene again this 3oth March 2010. How will it turn out time around? Which speaker reigns supreme? Will there be another headache?
BN is pinning down Anwar and is keeping Anwar busy at the courts. What BN is doing is to tire Anwar. BN is calculating that a tired Anwar will make mistakes. For that, my advise to Anwar - please refrain from using personal assistant. Better to use personal assistants, instead and refrain from being caught "just the two of us" again because BN's is running out of ammunition and is relying on the courts to wear down Anwar.
BN may think that they are holding all the right cards but who holds the aces? They say that Najib is working on overdrive to "buy over" support from PRs' outcast MPs. What Najib may have overlook is the possibility of MPs' crossover from MCA fallout. If might not happen but the possibility is always there. As Chua SL says "politics is the art of making the impossible, possible". We have shown that in March 2008 but ssshhhhh, don't whisper to Najib because he's dreaming of visiting Che Wan's otak-otak this Satursay... we don't want him to be on alert, do we?
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...