HRH YDP Agung reminded Members of Parliament of necessity of "good conduct" and expressed regret that there are those who still display "manners and speeches unbecoming of elected representatives". Well, serves the MPs' right for failing to control their emotions and check their outburst.
Rightly or wrongly, TV3 reported that HRH YDP Agung has reminded the same thing during 2008 first parliamentary sitting and brought up the same issue again during 2009 parliamentary sitting. That's 3 in a row and do you think MPs' will heed HRH YDP Agung's call? Frankly, I doubt it...not when the likes of Zulkifli Noordin, Gobind Singh Deo, Bung Mokhtar, Abd Aziz are in the house. It's not that they intentionally did not heed to YDP Agung's call but once they are pumped up, nothing can stop them.
I will be looking closely at Gobind Singh Deo and see whether he has finally cooled down or still his usual "don't dare me" attitude. Gobind has been suspended before and it will be another letdown to the rakyats if Gobind has not improved.
The royal address did not stop there. Amongst others, HRH YDP Agung touched on :-
- Freedom on expression in the new media has been abused noting that "slander, lies, distortion of facts still prevail" in the new media;However HRH stop short in giving examples and the hanging statement is open to interpretation. What is slander, lies and distortion of facts? If Najib is a victim of slander, isn't Anwar a victim of slander too? Who lies more in Teoh Beng Hock's death? Who distorted the facts on GST bill more - the government or the opposition?
- Freedom of speech is not an excuse for any party to demean others to the extent of inflaming conflict and inciting racial sentiments;HRH is right there and living in a multi-ethnic and multi-religious society, the society has to learn how to respect others. 52 years on, Malaysians are still grappling with the issue and our young are still at a loss. They are more at ease with surfing the net and hanging out with PSPs', PS3s then sweating out in open fields across the country. In short, we are heading towards an introvert society where virtual social networking is "in". We are moving away from the normal "learning curve", everyone is too engrossed in their own "worlds" without realising that we are part of the society...Worse, we took sides without really going into details. This leads to "what I first read is what I believe" and this is a dangerous and volatile situation to be in.
- “All leaders should emulate the prime minister's walkabout approach in getting closer to the people to better understand their problems and foster close relationship with the people from all walks of life,"I will be looking for the day when HRH state rulers start their walkabout. Even before Najib started the walkabout, the present day Sultan of Johor started his expedition to meet his subjects and attend to their needs when he was the TMJ.Najib started his walkabout when he took over from Pak Lah. The problem is Najib's entourage is too big and too protocol conscious to the extent that Najib "masuk telinga kanan, keluar telinga kiri". If Najib understand the rakyats' problems, when is he going to push for "high income" society instead of toying around with GST bill and 2-tiered petrol price? If Najib is really close to the people, he will not be tabling GST bill in the first place. What Najib did is more of "Lain cakap, lain bikin".
- Najib's 1Malaysia conceptEverybody is singing 1Malaysia concept but many do not fully understand the concept. Imagine 80 % of those surveyed were not able to explain what it really stood for. Do you? It's like memorising a mantra but never really undersands the meaning of the mantra. Sad...so, so sad.
- "In this regard, we call upon the people to be far-sighted and ready to accept the change." Frankly, I will heed to HRH YDP Agung here. I am ready to be far-sighted (and actually, I am) and I am also ready to accept the change. But, can BN accept the change? The rakyats are ready to change the government of the day, is BN ready to step down and hand over the government to others? I doubt it...BTW, Is someone tacitly telling us to go ahead and change the government in GE 13?
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...