“I agree with the talks. Both wings can set up a joint secretariat to determine the format of the talks, the venue and also the topics after the Manek Urai by-election.
“I feel that the issues to be discussed should not be confined to Islam and Malay unity but to also include national issues.
“If we do not receive the invitation in good faith, we are doing a disservice to PAS Youth.’’ - KJ, UMNO youth leader
- This is not a tribute to Britney Spears but I have to borrow the title of her song and dedicate it to Parti Islam SeMalaysia(PAS).
- Whilst UMNO is buoyed by positive statements from Najib especially in financial and scholarship issues, PAS is going the opposite direction due to their leaders' incoherence of which direction now and who is their choice partners.
- PAS needs to provide satisfactory explanation to their supporters and members of the following :-
- Unity government issue;
- Intellectual discourse between PAS youth and UMNO youth;
- Demolition of abbatoir in PAS-led Kedah
- After the big brouhaha on PAS's Unity government issue which PR has buried the issue on 22nd June 2009, now PAS shoot its foot again with 2 new controversial issues namely the intellectual discourse and the abbatoir issue.
- What is baffling is the PAS youth invitation to UMNO youth for "intellectual discourse" between the two wings. Why is PAS extending the invitation when PR had just close down on the unity government concept? What is PAS youth trying to prove? That they are better than their elders? That they are far-sighted? That they are impatient lot?
- The invitation was handed by PAS youth leader, Nasrudin Hassan to UMNO youth deputy chief. Come to think about it, did Nasruddin realise that he is only treated as "second class" when his invitation is only accepted by deputy youth chief, Razali Ibrahim. Although Razali is a deputy minister but his ranking in UMNO youth is no 2. Why can't Nasrudin delegate the task to someone else? Or is Nasrudin too "itchy" to be seen in the companion of the "rich and famous"?
- Next and more importantly, why the intellectual discourse? Why now? Is Nasrudin trying to say something? Is he against Nik Aziz, PAS spiritual leader? Is he trying to give points to UMNO in the upcoming Manek Urai by-election? See how easily, UMNO youth stole the thunder by saying that the discourse will be held after the Manek Urai by-election and at the same time praise PAS youth for being "brave" to defy Pakatan leadership's stand
- What will be discussed during the discourse? On how to shere the illegal wealth of UMNO? On where PAS youth can help the troubled UMNO? On who is a better Muslim between UMNO youth and PAS youth? Come on, Nasrudin, you are not weven a Member of Parliament to talk about all these things. You have lost twice (isn't it) in elections.
- It seems that PAS youth is unsure where it's loyalty is. Whilst in the same grouping in PR, PAS youth is winking at UMNO youth. PAS youth has a lot of explaining to do especially to all those supporters and voters who qued to cast their votes for PAS (and PR) during the last election. What PAS youth is doing now is tantamount to shooing their supporters away.
- Ah...Azizan of Kedah is another issue altogether. DAP Kedah has decided to withdraw from PR state government after Majlis Bandaraya Alor Setar demolished the only abbatoir in the state. Azizan, on his part, blamed DAP for failing to give alternative site to relocate the abatoir.
- Azizan, in defending, admitted that Majlis Bandara Alor Setar is not under him. As far as this scribe knows, all state agensies are answerable to the state except Majlis Agama where this body reported to the respective DYMM.
- What it implies is that Azizan, can use his executive powers to delay the demolition to a later date after an alternative is found. Isn't it too much to extend another few months? Afterall, BN has not attended to the problem for the past 30 years!
- Azizan is seen as unreasonable. He should go for PR courses or if he is too busy with his work, then delegate someone to address the issue.
- Azizan is "cenggeh" for no reasons and he should use his better judgement to resolve this issue.
- The two issues are putting PAS on a defensive end in manek Urai. PAS should really buck up if they want to retain the seat.
- So far, PAS is still leading but for how long? If PAS won the Manek Urai, it proves that BN is sinking and PR may come early to salvage Malaysia...