Terengganu is back in the news. Still construction related but not the infamous roof collapse of Sultan Mizan stadium. So which one now? That of MRR2 highway...that of hairline cracks detected on several supporting tiers of the elevated highway.
1.7 km of the elevated highway was first closed in 2004 and after repairing 31 out of 33 affected tiers in 2006, the section was opened to public before one of the ramps was closed down in Aug 2008 when some panels fell down from one of the pillars.
STAR, in their news datelined 11th June 2009 reported that Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC) has arrested 3 directors of a company involved in the project on 5th June 2009. To date, the directors have not been charged in court. UMNO secretary has indicated that due actions will be taken on the 2 of the directors who happened to be UMNO members after they were formally charged in court.
So, the next question is who are the 2 UMNO members who are the directors of the company? Buletin online speculated that the 2 directors are Datuks from Terengganu. You see, the portion of the MRR2 highway with the hairline cracks were constructed by Bumi Hiway-SUKMIM Sdn Bhd-Konsortium Kontraktor Melayu Sdn Bhd (KKM). KKM is a subsidiary of Persatuan Kontraktor Melayu Malaysia (PKMM). Datuk Roslan Awang Chik is PKMM's Chairman during the project and is te current Chairman whilst Datuk Rosli was PKMM's secretary. Both are from Terengganu.
The trail did not stop there. Datuk Roslan Awang Chik is the currect Terengganu UMNO treasurer whilst Datuk Rosli is the currect secretary of UMNO Terengganu. So what will happen now? Is there any connection between MACC's action with Terengganu politics? If there is no connection, why is MACC going to haul up three former Terengganu EXCO members?
These questions need answers now :-
- Why is MACC taking action now on PKMM's Chairman and Treasury? It has been 5 years since the MRR2 hairline cracks, why is action taken after 5 years ?
- Why is MACC acting on PKMM only? What about other consortium members ie Bumi Hiway and Sukmim Sdn Bhd? Is MACC saying that the 2 companies are innocent and corruption free?
- Why choose Datuk Roslan Awang Chik and Datuk Rosli? Is it anything to do with the recent Terengganu UMNO politics? Are the victims of circumstances?
- If MACC has enough evidence, why are they not charge in court (yet)?
- Why is MACC hauling up the 3 former EXCO members of Terengganu? Is it because they are in gang of 10 who wanted to oust Ahmad Said?
- Why MACC did not wait for the committe findings? On what grounds are MACC investigating
- Is this part of secret deal between Ahmad Said and gang of 10? Wjat is the action of Hishamuddein Hussein? Is he not the Terengganu UMNO chief?
- Are Datuk Ruslan and Datuk Mustapha not in Najib's good books? Is MACC's action sanctioned by Najib?
- How much money is involved?
- Will Hishamuddein reshuffle Terengganu UMNO due to this development? Who will be dropped? Who will be promoted?
UMNO is bickering in Terengganu and yet the battlefront is in Selangor. If UMNO Terengganu is bad, what about PR's Selangor? That, my friends, will be discussed in other postings...
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...