The different names of Huatuans, guilds or triads simply indicated that MCA's survival and political well-being depends on "directions" from third parties. It may still be acceptable if MCA's "guiding lights" comes from associations and Chinese media.
The ball is now at the feet of Chinese community. Are they willing to go against the Huatuan and the triads? Are they ready to form their own opinion, free from Chinese media ideas? Are the Chinese ready to discard "Ketuanan Huatuan and Chinese media" for an integrated Malaysia?
- For the uninitiated, "truth hurts". If you don't believe, just look at Tiger Woods. Who would believe that the domicile Tiger prowled both the golf courses worldwide and the streets thereof. Tiger Woods have successfully wake up those domesticated housewives to be wary of their hubbies "golfing" adventures, both local and international...Bringing back "goodies" will no longer please the queen of the house!
- This posting is not about Tiger Woods. It is about another tiger, a hidden association, thriving on Malaysian soil. When this scribe chanced on Malaysia Today's "The real reason why the MCA AGM was postponed", it was taken with a pitch of salt. Why? Though the blog "past owner" is respected around the blogs, on many occasions his facts were twisted by MSM and those who control the mike.These guys love to paint the blog owner as paranoid and "thriving" on conspiracy theories. However, when a similar concern was echoed by a UUM Professor as an article in an MSM, then there must be some truth in the expose. Although the Professor did not put his thoughts into verbatim, his "concern" on MCA's crisis should be seriously taken.
- MalaysiaToday mentioned that :-
- MCA AGM initially slated on 5th December 2009 was called off to eliminate the possibility of "organised and planned" disruption by agent provocateurs;
- the special branch and military intelligence reported to both 1M PM6 Najib and his cousin Hishamuddein on this possibility;
- the message was confirmed and communicated to Ong TK via MCA's secretary general;
- it is believed that the "Wah Kee" triad members from Pahang, Perak and Selangor has been mobilised to stir trouble;
- the plan to use violence is strongly backed by MCA youth chief, Wee KS;
- The Prof further wrote :-
- The Chinese community do not solely depended on political parties but to a larger extent rely on political and non-political associations to voice their needs and demands;
- The Huatuan or guilds protect, defend and strengthened their various special interest such as economy, language, culture and political rights;
- The Huatuan's influences together with media support surpasses politics and intellectuals;
- Huatuans and the Chinese media guided the Chinese community to form opinions on all related issues;
- Huatuans and the Chinese media decides the fate of Chinese-based political parties in Malaysia, including DAP and Gerakan;
- Huatuan and the Chinese media hope that MCA will recover from it's 2008 losses as MCA is the only Chinese-based political party with extensive national roots;
- Huatuan and the Chinese media is working hard to return MCA's credibility in BN as returning the favour of BN's compensation towards Chinese community. If that is true, then PR can kiss good-bye to repeat (or better) 2008 performances especially from DAP;
- The different names of Huatuans, guilds or triads simply indicated that MCA's survival and political well-being depends on "directions" from third parties. It may still be acceptable if MCA's "guiding lights" comes from associations and Chinese media. However, when there are intelligence reports indicating that the triads are roped in to determine MCA's AGM, then this is something that needs to be stopped.
- Malaysia Today mentioned that Selangor, Pahang and Perak's Wah Kee triad has been roped in. Who are MCA's chiefs of these states. Pahang has been known to be Liow TL's homestate. Are the Ong brothers making their move in Perak too?
- The question is - what will happen if the other side decided to rope in the Hongmen to block the Wah Kee? Will there be an all-out triad war between the two? Will there be a table talk to resolve the crisis? Ong TK may be a "lone ranger" but Chua SL?
- Things look much easier if this is a Hong Kong movie where the triad bosses sits down together to resolve their crisis with the police as their middleman. But, that's in film and in Hong Kong. Does that happen in Malaysia?A Chinese friend once told me that in Chinese society, policeman is regarded as a triad member with license. And that is the reason why in Chinese community elsewhere, police becomes the second to last career.
- For some, Malaysian Today's posting borders on controversies and conspiracies. How the masses react to the news is something worth monitoring.Internationally, conspiracies are aplenty including claims that Barrack Obama is a member of the Illuminati, a shadowy organisation that dictates on who will be the next President of US of A. For those movie buffs, you may refer to Nicholas Cage's National Treasure movies for mention of Illuminati.
- Assuming that conspiracies are brewing strong in MCA's internal crisis, the different faction should make a quick exit to resolve the problems. This scribe shudders at the thoughts of organised triads pulling the strings behind the MCA scene.Historically, Malaysian Chinese communities live side by side with various associations. Just look at Yap Ah Loy and his exploits. Yap Ah Loy may not be what he was if he is not a member of an association.In present day Malaysia, triad members are also businessmen. Or, at least that's what BBC news look at it. It is also said that leaders of another well known outfit are actively involved in MCA.
- The ball is now at the feet of Chinese community. Are they willing to go against the Huatuan and the triads? Are they ready to form their own opinion, free from Chinese media ideas?Many things have been said about the so-called "Ketuanan Melayu" and the call to abolish them. Now, this scribe wonders out loud, are the Chinese ready to discard "Ketuanan Huatuan and Chinese media" for an integrated Malaysia? If the community is not ready to depart from this age-old stigma that Huatuan and Chinese media dictate their lives, then the community has no right to demand others to accede to their demands when they are not ready to change.In short, we should be asking ourselves - are we actually ready to integrate as a nation. There are voices demanding the rights to maintain mother-tongue language and culture, and yet at the same time we see those who have the opportunity to grow up abroad failed miserably in oral Bahasa Malaysia. If these people, Malays, Chinese and Indians alike, could not communicate in Bahasa Malaysia, then ask ourselves - who is at fault? Are we too intense in defending our mother-tongue at the expense of Bahasa Malaysia? If the answer is yes, then where does our loyalty really lies? Malaysia or our mother-land? The Malays should not be smiling with this statement because this scribe have seen some so-called "Malays" who could not communicate in Bahasa Malaysia, maybe they think their motherland is Bugis or Acheh or Java and not Malaysia...This critical questions should be directed inward to our own selves. And last but not least, is "our cakap tak serupa bikin?" Does truth really hurt?Me? I might be DNightcaller but sometimes I need to call on the Wind and Cloud in me in order to create some storm...errr Storm warrior. So, if by chance there are someone out there who wants to see Dnightcaller prowling KL streets during the daytime, try staking at the GSC theatres this 10th December 2009...hows's that for selfpromo? :)
Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...