Friday, April 10, 2015

Of "jahil"...

I am sorry if it is going to hurt but sometimes you need to put things in the right perspective and not let your knees (lutut) to do the thinking...



"Did you reach 1MPM6's interview last night?"
"No, I don't"
"Why?"
"Asian got talents is better :)"

I admitted that I did not see 1MPM6's interview last night and depending on who you are rooting for, I think I made a good decision. There is nothing new is his answer and being pre-recorded, the interview is not "off the cuff" type which is more to my liking.

Having said that, I did however read some blogs where they "posted" live comments from viewers in one of the popular private station. Overall, many of the commentators give thumbs down of the interview. I doubt if that is the real comments as surely the private station has a "built-in" censorship to avoid unnecessary or expletive comments.

However, there is one newsposting in the Sun that caught my eye and I feel obligated to use it as the core to this posting. The Sun's "I'm answerable only to the rakyat, says Najib" deserves second and serious look. A nice and catchy caption but has serious implication.

Let's go to the points raised in that article. 1MPM6 says :-

1. I was elected by my party and by the people to lead the country. As such, I am answerable only to the rakyat – not to any individual

Sure or not? Najib was elected by his party (UMNO) but the people did not elect him to lead the country. It is UMNO and BN who choose Najib to be the leader. In that sense, 1MPM6 statement is partially right...

2. And if at the next general election, the people want change, they will let us know through the ballot box

Even if the people want change now (based on census taken by independent pollsters, will he resigned? The answer is NO. If that is the case, then if the next election, even if the people do not want him to lead the country, nothing much can be done if UMNO and BN still choose him to be PM.

3. "I have sworn on oath three times in a mosque in Permatang Pauh that I did not know Altantuya and I had no direct or indirect involvement with her,"

Anwar also swore that he did not do it but the courts find him guilty. Are we to take that swearing supercedes evidence presented in courts? Is this a precedent?

4. "It is important to remember that 1MDB's assets are greater than its liabilities. So, in very simple terms, if 1MDB were to be wound down tomorrow, the company would still have some assets and money left even after paying off all its debts."

Is this falaccy? When a company winds down, normally the usual terms of "jualan murah", "jualan runtuh" and "jualan penghabisan" will come into play. That said, do you think a winding down company can command good price for their assets? Normally, they will dispose the assets at a much discounted price.

Those 4 is sufficient for me to say that 1MPM6 is talking in riddles.

Why do I comment on this report? We are answerable to whatever we do and our answer shall be judge ultimately by our Creator. There, you can't hide behind anyone else nor can we talk in riddles.

When a statement is made without cushioning that ultimately the Creator will judge our actions and words, is that not "jahil" on our part? Jahil because we did not put the Creator in His proper place and jahil because we think that we are judged by the rakyat.

maybe our politicians need to go to classes refreshing what jahil is all about and how to avoid living in a jahil world...

Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...

No comments: