Friday, April 20, 2012

Of own goal...

Why? Because I just finish watching Richard Gere "feeling" the grass beneath his feet in Pretty Woman and my inner Richard Gere is feeling the same way now. The only thing is - I want to do it on 28th April 2012. Are you coming, my Pretty Women? If you do, then we can "feel" the grass together...

Remember Pak Lah? Yes, the same Pak Lah who was our mantan PM and FIL of KJ. When he was the PM, he loves using the words Modal Insan or human capital.

Pak Lah believed that for Malaysia to strive forward, Malaysia needs to have a strong modal insan in the form of educated workforce, an edge for Malaysian in competing with our neighbours. That was 4 years ago...

Now, the Minister tasked in preparing modal insan students are getting sidetracked with his own agenda in politics. When the brave young students camped in dataran Merdeka was intimidated by Gagaks, this Minister tweeted
“No one asked them to camp out at Dataran Merdeka. When something happens, don’t go asking for sympathy.”

When the heat is on, the same Minister turn around and claimed that he did not mean to be crass. Apa ni? If the Minister feels that he is limited by tweeter, then by all means don't tweet!

No wonder our education is going to the drains. We have a MInister who could not even get his message across and this same Minister is tasked with building Modal Insan par excellence. If Pak Lah was said to be a sleepyhead PM, then what is our 1MPM6 Najib doing? How can Najib choose Khaled as the minister of higher education when this fellow could not even tweet properly? How can this minister guide our higher institutions to produce excellent human capital?

Instead of meeting and discussing with the students, Khaled choose to stay in his abode and comment from afar. Is this the trait of a responsible minister? Or is this a trend of would-be losers?

That is not all. His deputy is asking for investigation about the Gagaks intimidation and Khaleed is doing the opposite - putting the blame back on the students. Is this a SOP for BN Minister? What BN failed to capitalise is to put their own BN squad to protect these students from further intimidation from the Gagaks. Better still, BN leaders should be going to the ground to meet and mingle with the students. The problem - these BN leaders are too stuck-up that they feel everybody should kowtow to them and they feel that they are the king of the hill. Alas, soon they will realise that they are only kings of molehills...

Now, DBKL is saying no to 28th April sit in. Aha, you can say no to Bersih 3.0 but can you say the same to me if I were to be there on 28th April? If DBKL can allow the tourist to sit on their grass, why can't I sit on the same grass come 28th April 2012. Heck, I don't even know who is Bersih 3.0 although I should admit that I know some of the committee members. That said, can we all come together and sit-in 28th April. You may be sitting next to me and not knowing me, but together we just love sitting in Dataran Merdeka this 28th April. Reason? It just happen that I am free on 28th April and I want to enjoy sitting on the grass of Dataran Merdeka.

Why? Because I just finish watching Richard Gere "feeling" the grass beneath his feet in Pretty Woman and my inner Richard Gere is feeling the same way now. The only thing is - I want to do it on 28th April 2012. Are you coming, my Pretty Women? If you do, then we can "feel" the grass together...

Till then...G'nite M'sia...wherever u are...

3 comments:

zorro said...

It has been sometime since I feltthe grass beneath my feet. I dont need any pretty women beside me because I will have in amongst us. C U brother.

nightcaller said...

z, looking forward to see u this 28th...

nightcaller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.