If some of you read the last part of my earlier posting, you will see some updates there which really transpired last week (you can read it after the latest news...).
- 29th Jan '10 - It will not be fair if I witheld information on the operation. It is a 10 hour operation starting from 9.30 am. By 1 pm, the lymph node lab tested and confirmed negative meaning that she is in stage 1. The Doctor proceeded with the hysterectomy and she came out from the operation theatre at 7pm and placed in the recovery room and later to high dependancy unit for observation. Right now she is recovering well and is resting.
I would like to take this time to thank all the well wishers as well as private advise and suggestions for post-op. Rest assured that I will try all the proposals for her well-being.The Doctor briefed us that he will send more samples to the lab to test for cancerous cells for our peace of mind. The results will be out next month and we are confident that it will turn out negative, as well. God willing. With that, this posting comes to an end...thanks for the concern and the well wishes and prayers offered, in whatever language, faith and school of thoughts available.
- On 12th january 2010, the other side of me checked in a medicare centre for normal and routine medical check up;
- On 13th January, she underwent D & C and two samples were taken for biopsis. Before discharged, her doctor informed us that visually the samples looked OK and nothing to worry about;
- 14th january, we were called in by the doctor where she broke the news that the biopsis result indicated +ve cervix cancer. The Doctor immediately set us up with an appointment with another doctor to perform surgery.
- On 15th January 2010, the other doctor suggested hysterectomy and his prognosis(?) is 1st stage cancer. He ordered MRI the same day.And at the same time,we also visited alternative medicine where the practitioner concurred the same thing ie early stage and he recommended Germinium tablets to be taken for 1 week. Our next appointment is on 22nd Jan 2010.
- On 16th January, MRI results came back and we asked for some time to take second opinion and discuss on the options available.
After consulting family members and logistics check, we first sought insights from former patients. So far, it is all positive...
- Then we go for other Doctors, and there are 2 options available for us :-
- We decided hysterectomy. The ops is scheduled to be held on 26th January 2010.
- We will be visiting our alternative practisioner this Friday and see whether the Germanium tablets provided is effective or not.
- All I am asking is prayers for her speedy recovery....
- In the meantime, please bear with me if there is no new postings forthcoming. For some comments that is left unresponded, I will respond to it soon...maybe later in the day.
- Thank You for your understanding...(please note : I will update the progress here from time to time)
- 18th Jan '10 - Another hectic night. Drive all the way to Bangi to collect "Maharaja Dewa" herbs and tea and some other supplements for immune system. Understand that the patients numbers in Sg Pusu have been snapped up, so we might not be able to visit the Tuan haji for spiritual treatment. With another 7 more days to go, time is too short to do the things we are supposed to do.
We have already lined up our planned program for the next day ie meeting with the insurance guy to pass him all our previous receipts and bills, going over to Klang for another traditional treatment, stock up medication for our elders since we might not be able to carry out the chores during post-op period. Maybe another late day (early morning) for me...
- 19th Jan '10 - Drive to Klang to hand over all the funds kept in trust to another trustee (don't worry, it doesn't involve millions, just some "kutu" funds) before heading off to Meru to collect another set of traditional "paste on" medicine. Although both of us are modern educated, there is nothing wrong in trying all sorts of treatment to arrest the C. The power to heal lies in the One God as it has always been. The only non-curable disease is death.
With that, it is confirmed that we will not be able to visit the Tuan haji for spiritual treatment.Both of us are getting more positive by the day and I guess we are coping well with the C factor. My other half's self-determination and confidence is high and we can overcome, God willing.
- 20th Jan '10 - The pace slowed down allowing us to reitalise and re-energise in preparation for the ops. Time to reflect - do you know that daily there are 4 new cases of cervical cancer in Malaysia? I got that by reading pamplets in hospitals...Do we also realise that very 1 in 4 of us have cancer of sorts, compared to every 1 in 2 in USA have cancers (note : some cases are healed through time with our own natural antibodies).There is a new HPVD vaccine that can helps to prevent cervical cancer. Young girls of 12 to 15 and who are not sexually active can take this vaccine from hospitals and private clinics. The cost? Approximately RM 1500 for three doses. The government is also trying hard to make it available for free for all young girls but the vaccine cost is a stumbling block, thus far...
- 21st Jan '10 - Sometimes you do not know what is in store for you. Words of encouragement and advice comes from many quarters which is good for my other half."Doa selamat" is done and so is "Sembahyang hajat". We will be visiting the alternative practitioner on Friday and see the latest reading. Truthfully, I am not expecting miracles but just enough progress to limit the cancerous spread for that will boost my other half's confidence before going on the operation table. I will mention his readings here before I will be incommunicado until after the operation.
- 22nd Jan '10 - Visit the alternative practitioner and his readings are good. For the cervix area, there is an increase of 5 marks meaning to 46 (50 being normal) meaning that the Germanium tablets are working and the cancerous cells are contained and being treated. It also means that the it is healing.
However, the lymphatic system is not that encouraging. It shows a slight improvement of 2 marks ie 42 (50 being normal). The lymphatic vessels are breached with cancerous cells and more time is needed for the tablets to take effect and control the disease. The good news is that it has shown improvement and another good news is that it is not that critical yet.We will be meeting our oncologist to discuss this and seeks his second opinion. We are positive that we can overcome the disease, whilst waiting for the Doctor's final decision...latest news will only be available after 26th (when the hysterectomy is scheduled to take place)...thanks for your prayers. Amin.